Ministry & Personnel Committee
Purpose: The Ministry and Personnel Committee is responsible for personnel matters related to ministerial and other staff.
Membership: As per The Manual
Roles and Responsibilities:
The duties of the Ministry and Personnel Committee are outlined in The Manual.
- Provide a consultative and supportive agency for the staff of the Pastoral Charge and for members and adherents of the Congregation
- Review working conditions and remuneration for the staff of the Pastoral Charge and make appropriate recommendations to the Church Council
- Oversee the relationship of the staff of the Pastoral Charge to members of the Congregation(s) and others
- Oversee the relationship between and among different members of the staff of the Pastoral Charge with respect to their responsibilities and authority
- Consult with all members of the staff of the Pastoral Charge about their plans for continuing education or sabbatical leaves and ensure that those eligible avail themselves of the provisions and that money and time are made available.
- Review and evaluate annually the effectiveness of the staff of the Pastoral Charge as those persons and positions relate to the mission of the Pastoral Charge as defined by the Church Council
- Maintain close liaison with the Presbytery Pastoral Relations Committee
- Review regularly the responsibilities of all staff of the Pastoral Charge and revise position descriptions when required or requested
- Receive from each Ministry Personnel settled in or called to the Pastoral Charge, a current police records check, at the expense of the Ministry Personnel, no later than the completion of each three-year period of the pastoral relationship
- Recruit and screen non-ministerial staff and make recommendations to the Church Council with regards to their employment